WELCOME TO THE TOWN OF GENEVA
WELCOME TO THE HISTORIC TOWN OF GENEVA – The Gateway to the Seneca Wine Trail.
The earliest inhabitants of this area were the Seneca Indians. This large, powerful tribe’s capital was a village near what is now the corner of Country Roads 4 and 6 — the present site of the New York State Agricultural Experiment Station. The Finger Lakes region is known for its wine industry, scenic views, lakeside fun and rural beauty.
This growing community, fifty miles east of Rochester, was recognized as a Town on November 15, 1872. While the Town has retained its agricultural roots, it has grown with commercial and tourist development.
Our priorities have and continue to be maintaining fiscal prudence, retaining the character of our community, remaining in a leadership position within the region and to strike an agreeable balance between economic development and the quality of life for our residents.
The Town of Geneva is notable for the fact that it operates with no property tax assessments of any kind – residential, commercial, or agricultural – deriving it’s operational funding entirely from other sources.
Click HERE to download an application to serve on a Town board or committee